Cold storage is now an essential piece of equipment for professionals in the agri-food sector or the pharmaceutical industry. What is it for? How many types of cold storage are there? How does it work? What are the advantages and tips for using cold storage? And How is cooling done in cold storage? Find the answers to all your questions in our article.
What is cold storage?
Cold storage is low-temperature storage. It may be:
- Positive: that is to say with a positive temperature, but close to zero, and which allows the short-term preservation of products and foodstuffs.
- Negative: that is to say with a temperature below zero which allows long-term preservation of all the items stored inside.
What is cold storage used for?
Cold storage can have several functions:
- For food storage in catering, catering, etc.
- To facilitate the maintenance of works and objects of art by ensuring the extermination of xylophagous insects
- To respect the cold chain in the pharmaceutical and hospital sector (refrigerated medicines, samples, etc.).
- To stop bacterial growth and slow down unwanted chemical reactions.
How is cooling done in cold storage?
Cooling is done in cold storage using the liquid with low gasification temperature as a refrigerant. It makes the evaporate under the low-pressure condition and mechanical controls and that absorbs the heating in the cold storage which is finally achieve cooling.
This blog is also worth reading for you:– What is cold storage in india?
The benefits of using cold storage:
Cold storage has several significant advantages:
- It can store a large number of products, for a short or long period.
- It can be custom-made depending on the size and scope of your business.
- It saves on energy consumption compared to other refrigeration plant models.
- It exists in different brands, ranges, and systems thanks to the evolution of techniques.
Tips for using cold storage:
Here are our tips for optimal use of your cold storage:
- Anticipate the water drainage system after each wash, because the maintenance and cleaning of cold storage are mandatory for a question of hygiene.
- Systematically record the temperature of your equipment twice a day.
- For a question of security, make sure that the installations can be opened from the inside, even when locked from the outside.
- For the comfort of users of negative cold storage, plan to stop the fans when the doors are open.
Operation of cold storage:
The cold storage works on the same principle as a domestic refrigerator, only it needs much more power and its operation is more technical.
It is equipped with a refrigeration unit composed of the condenser, the dehydrator, the evaporator, the expansion valve, and the compressor. Each of these 5 elements plays an important role in the refrigeration cycle (diffusion of the refrigerant) which ensures the circulation of cold air in the device.
Hope you have got the answer of your question how is cooling done in cold storage? For more info, do not hesitate to contact us through natural storage solutions pvt.ltd.
This blog is also worth reading for you:– Which is the biggest cold storage in india?