What is the list of items in the cold storage warehouse? Many items require cold storage warehouse protection. It includes vegetables, fruits, dairy products, processed meat, dry fruits, spices, pulses, jaggery, chemicals, frozen foods, and pharmaceutical products.
Cold storage food items list
Cold storage represents a facility primarily storing food items that do not feature long living. These are the foods that require cold storage as they will damage in regular conditions. The food items require low temperatures to remain as good quality.
If you have any plans to consider renting a cold room, it is crucial to know the items to prioritize. What is the list of items in the cold storage warehouse? You can maximize the climate-controlled storage and ensure cost-efficiency. It will include purchasing from cold storage or chill cabinets, vegetables, fruits, fresh meat, and food freshly cooked to be used later.
As the MD of NSSPL, Yogesh Dahiya says food items are not the only items stored in cold storage. It includes non-food items such as metal utensils, flowers, and candles to stay in their best form. They need to be stored in cool temperatures.
The food grains and agricultural items require a cold temperature so that the items stay in good condition.
Apart from these, there are other items such as:
- Plants and seeds– The cold temperature keeps the plants healthy and fresh. To last longer, the cut flowers are bouquet that stays fresh in cooler temperatures and keeps them perfect. Even seeds stored in cold storage are helpful. If they are stored in a container featuring moisture-proof, the cold makes them last longer.
- Candles– Living in a cold environment keeps the candles perfectly in shape. In a normal facility, as the temperature warms up, the candles begin to melt. It ruins the shapes or the colors in the candle mix. It is acceptable to store for a short time, but if it means storing for a longer time, you require storing them in cold storage.
- Cosmetics– Cosmetics require storing in cold storage to ensure longer shelf life. If not, it warms up and melts, while some creams may become watery. Storing in cold storage ensures better condition and long-lasting.
- Dairy products– Cold storage food items list cannot exclude dairy products. Like butter and milk, dairy products need cold storage to ensure they are safe to eat.
- Medicine– Medicines require cold storage to stay uncontaminated. Medicines, vaccines, injections, blood samples, and many more medical supplies require cold temperatures.
What is the list of items in the cold storage warehouse can be many more, and a few include natural peanut butter, avocados on ripening, whole-wheat flour, cologne, and lots more. The cold storage cool temperatures preserve originality and prolong shelf life.
Contact NSSPL to know the list of items that need processing before freezing and the exact cold storage temperatures.