Fruits and vegetables are kept fresher for longer in the cold storage industry. What is the process to start a cold storage in Chennai? There are two different sorts of facilities in the cold storage warehouse in Chennai: single and multiple products. Fruits and vegetables, meat products, fish and poultry products, as well as goods like beer and tobacco, are included in the list of food items suitable for cold storage. What kind of cold storage unit would be right for starting up in Chennai?
MSMEs and business entrepreneurs choose the alcoholic beverage and food sector. There are too many requirements and obligations to be fulfilled for starting up a cold storage unit. The cold storage company requires a large initial investment and is a one-time expenditure. Compared to small enterprises, the long-term returns are high.
In this article, we are going to define the best ways in which you can start a cold storage unit in Chennai easily. Keep reading the article to not miss anything about it.
The Top Requirements For Starting Up Cold Storage Unit in Chennai
What is the process to start a cold storage in Chennai? In this section, we are going to talk about the different requirements for starting up cold storage units.
- Eligibility Criteria For Starting Up Cold Storage Unit
When applying for a cold storage loan, eligibility depends on the following factors:
- The minimum age is 18 and the maximum age is 65. Minimum credit score is 750.
- No defaults on loans with banks or lenders
- Ability to repay and a solid financial background
- Annual business turnover, duration, experience, and profitability evaluations, as well as lender explanations
- The fees and interest rates differ between banks and are based on the applicant’s profile and the company’s financial situation
- Types of Cold Storage
In India, there are three different kinds of storage facilities: industrial cool rooms, combo refrigerator rooms, and modular refrigerator rooms. The investment expense consists of:
- Land acquisition and construction of the storage facility
- Purchasing equipment to use as cooling units
- Considering daily expenses as well as capital costs
- paying salaries and hiring qualified personnel
- Taking care of resources including water, power, and other utilities
- Getting permits from the appropriate agency or the government
- Marketing, advertising, and promotional costs
- The Basic Design Requirement For Cold Storage Units in Chennai
fundamental specifications: The ideal unit’s fundamental design should include the following.
- Humidity in storage areas: 85% to 90%
- Dimensions in a cold storage room: 14 ft x 10 ft x 10 foot
- The starting temperature is between 28 and 35 degrees Celsius.
- 10 MT is the storage unit’s capacity.
- Using fruits and vegetables as storage resources
- 30000 Btu per hour
- Insulation material made with 60mm polyurethane fiber
- 43 °C is the presumptive outside temperature (+-)The required temperature is between 2-4 degrees Celsius
The Process of Starting a Cold Storage in Chennai
What is the process to start a cold storage in Chennai? A well-structured operational setup, meticulous preparation, and compliance with legal regulations are all necessary when starting a cold storage business. Make sure you have the resources, facilities, and industry expertise needed to successfully open and run a cold storage business in Chennai.
You can adhere to these procedures to launch a cold storage enterprise in Chennai:
- Business Plan: Create a thorough business plan including your goals, financial plan, and operational strategy while taking into account variables like location and storage capacity.
- Legal requirements: To construct a cold storage facility in Tamil Nadu, you must receive government clearance and a trading license. While planning the construction of the cold storage unit, owners should consider the legal requirements of each part of the building. Thus, the entire building construction would be legal.
- Determine your financial needs and look into opportunities for business loans or financial aid for things like buying property, building a structure, getting the necessary permits and licenses, and so on.
- Location: Pick a place that is convenient for both customers and suppliers. There are multiple factors that cold storage manufacturers in Chennai must consider. For instance, it is advisable that the cold storage units must be constructed near port areas or main city roads. It makes the transportation and delivery of products a lot easier.
- Equipment: Make sure to get the right cold storage equipment and to maintain it regularly.
- Research and abide by any applicable Indian legislation or rules pertaining to cold storage facilities.
How can I apply for financing for a cold storage business?
How much does it cost to open cold storage? There are different sizes of cold storage units. Each size costs a large fortune to the owners. Depending upon the size, you can avail of loans in Chennai. The following are the steps to apply for a business loan in Chennai for a cold storage warehouse:
Step 1: Evaluate and contrast all available business financing choices from financial organizations.
Step 2: Select the offer that best meets your company’s needs by providing the necessary information, such as your name, mobile number, loan amount, place of residence, profit, annual revenue, email address, etc.
Step 3: The bank’s representatives will check the information on the document and continue with the loan’s procedures.
Step 4: The bank verifies it and, if it is acceptable, authorizes the loan. The bank will deposit the approved loan amount into the specified bank account.
Yogesh Dahiya Offers Comprehensive and Reliable Solutions for Starting up Cold Storage Units.
If you have been searching for starting up cold storage units, Yogesh Dahiya is the most experienced and expert individual. He has amassed years of experience that not only benefits him but you as well. He uses his knowledge to create a cold storage unit that returns you highly. So, contact Yogesh Dahiya for more information on the topic.