There is a wide variety of frozen foods on the market and so high demand in cold storage units. If you want to know which state has the highest cold storage capacity? You are here at the right place. In the restaurant, apart from the fresh products of the day, we also usually make a lot of use of the freezer to preserve our raw materials, it allows us to speed up the pace of work and have out-of-season products, for example. But… what other advantages do we see in freezing?
Which state has the highest cold storage capacity?
By the end of 2020, Uttar Pradesh has the maximum capacity of cold chain storage units equaling nearly 1.5 m metric tons.
Advantages and disadvantages of food preservation:
The main advantages of food preservation are:
- Food lasts longer.
- They are kept in better condition.
- It facilitates the transfer of food.
- Improves the sanitary quality of food.
- Less food is lost and expenses are reduced.
So, what disadvantages can there be in using a preservation method?
Certain foods can lose their properties if the conservation is not adequate. For example, freezing certain fruits or vegetables can vary their consistency.
Also, nutrients can be lost if food preservation techniques are not the most appropriate. It is necessary to emphasize properly performing each method and taking into account each type of food. Do not break the cold chain.
In short, food preservation methods help us keep them in optimal conditions to be able to consume them. Some we use in our homes, while others are used in large food chains. On the other hand, there are different ways and techniques of conservation, each one has its advantages.
Preserving food is suitable for most foods. However, there are some disadvantages such as loss of texture, color, smell, and taste. But in general, techniques have always been used to preserve food. What do you think?
This blog is also worth reading for you:– Which goods are stored in cold storage in india?
These are our 7 main advantages:
- Safety and hygiene. Low temperatures kill many microorganisms and bacteria while slowing down the degradation of the product.
- Freshness. Maintaining the cold chain correctly, when defrosting food maintains all its qualities in terms of taste, smell, color, etc.
- Nutritional value. Despite what some people think when freezing food, nutritional values are not lost.
- Universality. Most foods can be frozen.
- Economy. You can buy foods on sale, at low prices, and optimize that offer by saving that food in your freezer for future occasions.
- All year. It helps you have seasonal food when it is not in season.
- Comfort. The foods that you already buy frozen are easy to store and come prepared to be cooked or heated directly without having to wash or clean.
Apart from these 7 advantages, we must not forget that the immediate freezing of food after its collection or capture prevents it from even beginning to degrade, also guaranteeing the absence of parasites.
We are sure now you knew which state has the highest cold storage capacity? These are the reasons why in the nsspl.in, we make high-quality cold storage units. If you want to set up this profitable business, do not hesitate to contact us and we will help you throughout the process.
This blog is also worth reading for you:– how many days vegetables can be store in cold storage ?